Knowledge Hub Summits are bi-annual gatherings targeting high-level policy-makers with the goal of achieving consensus around nine priority areas of the Strategy and Action Plan for Refugee and Migrant Health in the WHO European Region.
These priorities include:
- Establishing a framework for collaborative action
- Advocating for the right to health of migrants, refugees and asylum seekers
- Addressing the social determinants of health
- Achieving public health preparedness and ensuring an effective response
- Strengthening health systems and their resilience
- Preventing communicable diseases
- Preventing and reducing the risks posed by noncommunicable disease
- Ensuring ethical and effective health screening and assessment
- Improving health information and communication.
In 2018, Knowledge Hub Policy Dialogues will serve as “hard talks” among experts and policy-makers to stimulate critical thinking on key issues related to migration and health.