69th session of the WHO Regional Committee for Europe
Copenhagen, Denmark, 16–19 September 2019
Health ministers and high-level representatives of the 53 Member States of the WHO European Region, as well as partner and civil society organizations, will take part in the 69th session of the WHO Regional Committee for Europe. The session will take place at UN City, Copenhagen, Denmark, on 16–19 September 2019.On the agenda
Top storyDay 4 highlights: Regional Director thanks “the strongest minds and warmest hearts in public health”
On the fourth and final day of RC69, Member States adopted a resolution on promoting health literacy that seeks to help people make informed health decisions. Dr Zsuzsanna Jakab also expressed her deep thanks to delegates and staff for their commitment to public health during her 10-year mandate as Regional Director.
- Day 4 highlights: Regional Director thanks “the strongest minds and warmest hearts in public health”
- WHO/Europe and the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies renew commitment to jointly support countries to achieve health for all
- Day 3 highlights: Resolution on accelerating primary health care adopted
- Day 2 highlights: Dr Hans Kluge nominated next WHO Regional Director for Europe
InterviewDr Hans Kluge, WHO/Europe's Regional Director nominee
Dr Kluge shares his vision for health in the European Region over the next five years at #RC69Cph.
PublicationBetter Health for Europe: more equitable and sustainable (2019)
tells the story of how people working for WHO in the European Region have sought to make a reality of this goal over the last ten years.
DocumentationSee all documentation
Key issues on the agenda
• lessons learned from Health 2020 implementation in the WHO European Region since 2012
• leadership in public health in the WHO European Region
• promoting health equity in the WHO European Region