On the agenda
16–19 September 2019, Copenhagen, Denmark
Health ministers and high-level representatives of the 53 Member States of the WHO European Region, as well as partner and civil society organizations, will take part in the 69th session of the WHO Regional Committee for Europe. The session will take place at UN City, Copenhagen, Denmark, on 16–19 September 2019.
Key technical health issues on the agenda include:
- lessons learned from Health 2020 implementation in the WHO European Region since 2012
- leadership in public health in the WHO European Region
- promoting health equity in the WHO European Region
- implementation of the Programme Budget 2018–2019
- Programme Budget 2020–2021: the regional perspective
- WHO transformation and its regional implications
- WHO’s work at country level
- report of the WHO European Region’s geographically dispersed offices
- accelerating primary health care in the WHO European Region
- health literacy in the WHO European Region
- accreditation of regional non-state actors to the WHO Regional Committee for Europe.
The Regional Committee will also nominate the next Regional Director for Europe at a private meeting at this session.
The sessions will be available via live webcast, and real-time coverage on Twitter using the hashtag #RC69Cph will be shared.