Call for new members of the European Technical Advisory Group of Experts on Immunization (ETAGE)
The European Technical Advisory Group of Experts on Immunization (ETAGE) provides independent review and expert technical input to the Vaccine-preventable Diseases and Immunization programme (VPI) of the WHO Regional Office for Europe. The Group aims to facilitate and accelerate achievements of regional disease control targets within the scope of the European Vaccine Action Plan, 2015-2020 (EVAP).
ETAGE consists of 6 to 8 members who have substantial technical expertise and experience in areas related to immunization and vaccine-preventable diseases. As ETAGE Secretariat, WHO/Europe is seeking a qualified candidate to complement the currently six-member Group. The chosen candidate will serve for an initial period of three years with the potential for a two-year renewal.
To apply, please send a letter of interest and curriculum vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org The deadline for applications is 15 April 2016.
The specific functions of ETAGE members are to
- serve as a forum for technical discussion and provision of advice to the Regional Director in the field of immunization;
- review the status of immunization services in the Member States of the Region;
- direct special attention to the progress being made towards the Region's vaccine-preventable disease control targets and objectives, especially identifying any constraints, obstacles and threats;
- make recommendations on operational aspects of immunization policies and strategies, as well as the incorporation of new scientific developments;
- make technical recommendations that will help to strengthen national and regional efforts to implement policies and strategies, and help to monitor progress towards set targets;
- serve as a forum for discussion on comprehensive introduction of additional, newly developed vaccines or other interventions promoting both child and adult health, using evidence to make recommendations;
- promote support for adequate and comprehensive surveillance for vaccine-preventable diseases and for adverse events following immunization;
- promote understanding of and support for EVAP targets among national immunization technical advisory groups (NITAGs), national governments, technical institutions, professional associations and bilateral/multilateral and private agencies;
- advise on matters of special importance for submission to the WHO Regional Committee;
- serve as a forum for discussion on implementation of recommendations of the Srategic Advisory Group of Experts on Immunization (SAGE) within the regional context where appropriate.
Individual members are expected to:
- attend the yearly ETAGE meeting;
- review and comment upon strategic documents;
- actively participate in working groups, telephone conferences and e-mail exchanges with other members and the Secretariat;
- contribute to preparation of an annual meeting report.