Request for proposals: requirement analysis, architecture planning and prototype development of WHO/Europe’s information and evidence data warehouse
The purpose of this request for proposals is to enter into a contractual agreement with a successful bidder and to select a suitable contractor to carry out the following work:
- perform a technical and information review of data sources (internal and external) to be included in the WHO/Europe information and evidence data warehouse (DW);
- facilitate the refinement and documentation of technical and business requirements in relation to data loading, review, warehousing, data marts and provision to the web portal;
- propose workflows and DW structure that best leverage the selected technologies and the nature of the information to be managed, and that fulfil the needs of WHO/Europe;
- create application program interfaces (APIs) to expose the DW to consuming applications;
- implement a prototype of the DW that accommodates three types of data source;
- work with WHO/Europe staff and the web portal contractor to develop a web service that feeds the data to the WHO/Europe web portal;
- enable and execute initial data loading into the DW;
- build deployment scripts and install the workflows and applications on WHO infrastructure;
- complete a handover, including source code and appropriate technical and user documentation;
- provide additional training to WHO/Europe staff in relevant aspects of the handover in relation to specific core activities in maintaining the DW, updating the data and future support of core development implementations required.
See the attached document 1 (cover letter) and document 2 (request for proposals) for the invitation to bid and related procedures and deadlines.