Training workshop on the System of Health Accounts 2011 and tracking of RMNCH expenditures
The WHO headquarters, the WHO Regional Office for Europe and the Eurasian National Health Accounts (NHA) network have organized the 8th Eurasian NHA network workshop of NHA focal points in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan, on 12-15 October 2012.
The purpose of the workshop was to provide training in the System of Health Accounts 2011 (SHA 2011) and in tracking of reproductive, maternal, newborn and child health (RMNCH) expenditures for Commonwealth of Independent States countries. The workshop was hold in both in English and Russian.
Health expenditure accounting currently follows two systems: National Health Accounts for the low-income countries and System of Health Accounts for the hi-income countries. SHA 2011 version was developed to standardize internationally collected data supported by international organizations. WHO, OECD and Eurostat have set 2014 as implementation year. This training is part of the global preparation for switching to the new SHA 2011.
The workshop has provided training for experts in the field of health accounts to the new concepts introduced in the System of Health Accounts 2011.
The key objectives of the meeting were:
- to train participants with prior knowledge of NHA on the updated SHA 2011 health accounts frameworks and key changes introduced in it;
- to show participants how to convert SHA 1.0 data into SHA 2011 data, and have participants put this into practice during the workshop;
- to share with participants ways to institutionalize SHA 2011;
- to show to participants how to apply SHA 2011 for tracking key NHA indicators and RMNCH related indicators; and
- to review the development of NHA in the Eurasian NHA network member countries.
Participants of nine countries in the Region have taken part in this training including participants of two countries who have been trained as trainers.