Preparations start for South-eastern European Health Ministers’ Forum
National political coordinators of the South-eastern Europe Health Network (SEEHN) and experts from international organizations will come together in Sofia, Bulgaria in June to finalize the regional reports for the "Third Health Ministers’ Forum: Health in All Policies in south-eastern Europe: a shared goal and responsibility", 13–14 October 2011, Banja Luka, Bosnia and Herzegovina.
The Bulgarian Presidency of SEEHN (January-June 2011) is organizing the 25th meeting of the network in Sofia on 16-18 June 2011 along with the 3rd preparatory meeting for the SEE ministers’ forum.
The meeting will discuss the logistics for the SEE Health Ministers’ Forum to be held in Banja Luka on 13-14 October 2011 and finalize the regional reports that will be starting points for discussion at the forum- The main documents to be discussed during the third preparatory meeting are:
1. Draft Banja Luka Pledge (2011) on “Health in All Policies in the SEE”
2. Evaluation of the regional cooperation in public health in the SEE region 2001-2011
3. Health in All Policies in the SEE – current status, challenges and recommendations for the future
4. Prevention and control of noncommunicable diseases in the SEE
5. Human resources for health
The joint meeting in Sofia will also be attended by representatives of the SEEHN Executive Committee, the WHO Regional Office for Europe, the Council of Europe, the Regional Cooperation Council, the International Organization for Migration, the European Health Forum Gastein and public health services focal points of SEEHN.