Regional cervical cancer prevention meeting, 11-12 October 2011, Istanbul, Turkey
On 11-12 October 2011, 111 experts and policy-makers from 42 countries and 7 partner organizations gathered in Istanbul, Turkey to discuss the prevention of cervical cancer in the WHO European Region.
The objectives of the meeting were to:
- Review progress in the European Region in primary and secondary cervical cancer prevention and define priorities for future.
- Review national policies and programmes for introducing HPV vaccines and organized screening within the broader context of cancer control and reproductive health.
- Share experiences, best practices and lessons learnt among countries in the Region.
- Create synergy between programmes of the WHO Regional Office for Europe.
- Strengthen partnership with other international organizations working in the area of cervical cancer prevention.