World No Tobacco Day awards recognize personal commitment to reduce tobacco consumption in European Region
WHO gives the World No Tobacco Day (WNTD) awards every year to carefully selected individuals and/or organizations in recognition of their long-term personal commitment and outstanding contribution to tobacco control in the European Region.
The following recipients in the European Region were selected for a World No Tobacco Day Award 2014:
- Dr James Reilly, Minister of Health of Ireland;
- Mr Vytenis Povilas Andriukaitis, Minister of Health of the Republic of Lithuania;
- Mr Iurie Leancă, Prime Minister of the Republic of Moldova;
- Dr Gurbanguly Berdimuhamedow, President of Turkmenistan;
- Ms Ailsa Margaret Rutter, Director of Fresh/Smokefree North East, United Kingdom
- Dr Tonio Borg, Health Commissioner, European Commission.