HEN is a network of technical members and financial partners, involving United Nations agencies with a mandate related to health, and organizations or institutions promoting the use of evidence in health policy or health technology assessment.
HEN works with more than 30 international agencies and institutions. They contribute by, for example:
- proposing questions for response through HEN;
- proposing experts to write and peer review responses;
- identifying and providing evidence for inclusion;
- disseminating the evidence from HEN; and
- suggesting areas for further project development.
HEN disseminates the evidence-focused work of its members by including it, to the extent possible, on this web site, and in its newsletter HENews. This gives greater visibility to members’ work and helps make the best evidence available to policy-makers.