Health systems financing
WHO/Europe works with Member States to improve the way in which they finance their health systems. We provide tailored technical assistance through policy dialogue and analytical work, supporting countries to develop policy, monitor progress and design reforms.Read more about health systems financing
Top storyOut-of-pocket payments for health, particularly for medicines, are unaffordable for many in Europe
Even in Europe’s richest countries, people are pushed into poverty as a result of having to pay out of pocket for health services. This is one of the findings of the WHO report “Can people afford to pay for health care? New evidence on financial protection in Europe”.
- Alongside European Development Days, WHO and the European Commission reinforce cooperation to help countries move towards universal health coverage
- Ljubljana Statement on Health Equity agreed – High-level Conference on Health Equity closes
- High-level Conference on Health Equity opens – achieve, accelerate and influence
Universal Health Coverage: Everyone, everywhere
No one should have to choose between health care and other basic needs.
- WHO Barcelona course on health financing for UHC
- e-learning course on health financing policy for UHC
in English, French, Russian