Health systems financing
WHO/Europe works with Member States to improve the way in which they finance their health systems. We provide tailored technical assistance through policy dialogue and analytical work, supporting countries to develop policy, monitor progress and design reforms.Read more about health systems financing
Top storyEstonia: making medicines affordable and accessible for all
All patients in Estonia expect to make a co-payment towards their prescriptions at pharmacies. However, before 2018, the system left some of the poorest and oldest people in the population having to pay significant amounts to obtain the medicines they needed.
- Gaps in access undermine universal health coverage across the EU
- Redesigning coverage policy to make health care affordable for everyone
- Observatory presents new research on health financing and population ageing at a side event to the G20 Health Ministers Meeting
Universal Health Coverage: Everyone, everywhere
No one should have to choose between health care and other basic needs.
- WHO Barcelona course on health financing for UHC
- e-learning course on health financing policy for UHC
in English, French, Russian