15th meeting of the SEE Health Network, Sofia, 2007
Participants from all the south-eastern European countries as well as a number of donor countries, international organizations and the European Commission attended the Health Network Meeting. The main agenda items were:
- preparation of a revised draft declaration of the health ministers of the countries in south-eastern Europe on regional commitment for pandemic preparedness and the implementation of the International Health Regulations;
- preparation of a revised draft declaration of the health ministers of the countries in south-eastern Europe on transforming the South-eastern Europe Mental Health Project into a long-term regional mental health programme with a South-eastern Europe Regional Centre for Mental Health;
- elaboration of new mechanisms for transferring and sustaining regional ownership of the Health Network and establishing its Secretariat in the region as of 1 January 2008;
- elaboration of a common opinion of the Health Network on Health in Europe: a strategic approach, a draft discussion document of the Health and Consumer Protection Directorate-General of the European Commission; and
- provision of input from the Health Network to the forthcoming meetings of the Stability Pact for South-Eastern Europe in Zagreb, Croatia.