Photo story: Children in Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan receive better hospital care
A WHO project in pilot hospitals in Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan has improved care and increased capacity.
The project has resulted in:
- a dramatic reduction in unnecessary hospitalizations and unjustified and painful paediatric procedures;
- shorter hospital stays;
- more rational use of medicines;
- reduced costs;
- a reduction in patient complaints;
- better trust in medical staff;
- more work satisfaction among hospital staff.