Disability and rehabilitation
The disability and rehabilitation unit supports Member States in improving rehabilitation within their country contexts and in enabling all people with a disability to achieve better health. The unit also supports in eye and ear health care.About disability and rehabilitation
Top storyPreventable trauma in childhood costs north America and Europe US$ 1.3 trillion a year
The findings of a new study on the life-course health consequences and associated annual costs of adverse childhood experiences (ACEs) show that preventable trauma in childhood costs north America and the European Region US$ 1.3 trillion a year.
- Preventable trauma in childhood costs north America and Europe US$ 1.3 trillion a year
- Scaling up access to rehabilitation services in Georgia
- Marking World Down Syndrome Day in Azerbaijan with an inspiring story
- Strengthening capacity for the prevention of deafness and hearing loss
PublicationProvision of wheelchairs in Tajikistan: economic assessment of alternative options (2019)
A study on the economic aspects of various models for the provision of wheelchairs in Tajikistan.More publications
Inclusive universal health coverage
We need all components of health care to make universal health coverage possible.
Data and statistics on rehabilitation
• 74% of years lived with disability (YLDs) in the world are the result of health conditions for which rehabilitation may be beneficial.
Data and statistics on disability
• Over 1 billion people are estimated to live with some form of disability. This corresponds to about 15% of the world's population.