Republic of Moldova
WHO/Europe has worked with the Ministry of Health and partners in the Republic of Moldova for several years to support work and build capacity for different aspects of reproductive,maternal,newborn, child and adolescent health (CAH).
The biennial collaborative agreement for 2014–2015 includes work to increase access to interventions for improving the health of women, newborn, children and adolescents through technical assistance in:
- in improving quality of antenatal and postpartum care and hospital care for pregnant women, mothers and newborns and monitoring progress;
- guidance on adaptation and implementation of evidence-based interventions promoting safer sex and tackling the social and individual consequences of unsafe sex;
- support assessment and improving the provision of safe abortion services through the scaling up of comprehensive abortion care services;
- support to develop, update and implement comprehensive gender responsive CAH policies and actions;
- support to improve quality of health care services in different settings and support conducting HBSC study;
- support to improve CAH development structures in Member States with focus on social determinants, inequality and reliable information sources; and
- capacity building of national experts in operational research, implementation of the research projects and collecting new evidence on reducing reproductive, maternal and newborn health inequities.
This also continues the priorities set earlier on mother and child and reproductive health, which is to develop policies, strategies, norms and standards to improve access, quality and use of reproductive, maternal, newborn, child and adolescent health.