4th European Conference on Health Promoting Schools. Odense, Denmark 7-9 October 2013
Equity, education and health:
4th European Conference on Health Promoting Schools
Odense, Denmark 7-9 October 2013
- Health promotion in schools improves learning – what actions can we take?
- Equal opportunities - how can schools contribute?
- Policies work – why don’t we use them?
- Interventions are more successful in well-off children – how can we change that?
- Better education – more equity – better health – what is the role of schools?
These are some of the issues which will be addressed at the 4th European Health Promoting Schools Conference in Odense, Denmark. The conference focuses on equity, education and health and how equity links with sustainability, social inclusion, innovation and change. It aims to consolidate, strengthen and share research, policy and practice across Europe related to school based health promotion, and outline what is possible in terms of promoting equity in health and education.
The 200 participants include decision makers, researchers and practitioners from the health, education and social sectors, from governmental and local organizations, NGOs, youth organizations, academic institutions and professionals working to promote health and well-being of children and young people.
The Conference is open for registration until 20 September 2013. Visit the conference website for more information.