ECDC/WHO Joint Meeting on European HIV/AIDS Surveillance. Meeting report (10-11 March 2016, Bratislava, Slovakia)
The main focus of this meeting was to discuss how HIV surveillance data can contribute to measurement of the HIV continuum of care. Following an update on global and regional data and trends, subsequent sessions would:
- Provide an update on HIV modelling and how case surveillance data can be used to estimate the number of people living with HIV.
- Explore ways to improvement the measurement and effectiveness of HIV testing.
- Consider ways to improve case surveillance.
- Explore options for measuring linkage to and retention in care using case surveillance data.
- Consider issues relating to measurement of treatment, viral suppression and mortality.
This report provides a summary of the main points from the meeting. More detailed information is available in the presentations, which have been disseminated to meeting participants.