Protocol 8. Prevention of hepatitis A, B, C and other hepatotoxic factors in people living with HIV/AIDS
The strategies for limiting the spread of hepatitis include:
- vaccination against hepatitis B and A;
- prevention of mother-to-child transmission of hepatitis B virus (HBV) and hepatitis C virus
- reducing risk of infection through safer sexual behaviour and reducing harm related to injecting
- counselling to reduce liver-related harm;
- prevention through transfusion of blood and blood products; and
- prevention in health care settings.