Applications welcome for observership at WHO/Europe
The European Society of Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases (ESCMID) is sponsoring a three-day observership for five people in WHO/Europe’s Division of Communicable Diseases, Health Security and Environment.
Professionals interested in public health are invited to apply by reviewing the information on the ESCMID web site and submitting an application. ESCMID will accept applications from 2 May 2013, 10:00 CET, until 16:00 CET on 10 May 2013. To be eligible, applicants must be ESCMID members.
The observership will take place on 18–20 June 2013, at WHO/Europe’s new premises in UN City, Marmorvej 51, 2100 Copenhagen Ø, Denmark.
In brief, the observership will allow participants:
- to gain a general understanding of WHO/Europe’s work;
- to learn about the activities of the Division of Communicable Diseases, Health Security and Environment;
- to find out more about the new initiative, Central Asian and Eastern European Surveillance on Antimicrobial Resistance (CAESAR);
- to meet with the staff of specific WHO/Europe programmes; and
- to share their experiences through interactive group discussion.