Technical Advisory Group for Tuberculosis (TAG-TB) for the WHO European Region
Technical Advisory Group for Tuberculosis (TAG-TB) was established in September 2003 to give independent review and technical opinion on tuberculosis to the Director of the WHO Regional Office for Europe, particularly on areas related to TB prevention and care in the WHO European Region.
TAG-TB members are individuals with substantial technical expertise and experience in areas related to TB and TB/HIV prevention and care, including among others public health, epidemiology, health systems, medical products and technologies, surveillance, related communicable and noncommunicable diseases, social science and civil society. Members are nominated on the basis of their individual expertise rather than their affiliation to an organization or institution.
The current members of the TAG-TB are:
- Dr Sarah R. Anderson, Head, National TB Office, National Infection Service, Public Health England, London, United Kingdom
- Ms Delia Boccia, Lecturer, Faculty of Epidemiology and Population Health, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, London, United Kingdom
- Dr Tsira Chakhaia, TBPEOPLE, Tbilisi, Georgia
- Mr Alexandre Lourenço, Hospital Administrator, Coimbra Hospital and University Centre, Coimbra, Portugal
- Professor Alberto Matteelli, Director, WHO Collaborating Centre on TB/HIV and TB Elimination, Department of Infectious and Tropical Diseases, University of Brescia and General Hospital, Italy
- Ms Nigorsulton Muzafarova, Product Quality Officer, Stop TB Partnership Secretariat, Geneva, Switzerland
- Dr Natalya Nizova, Director, National Public Health Institute, Kyiv, Ukraine
- Professor Lee B. Reichman, Adjunct Professor of Medicine, Rutgers New Jersey Medical School; Professor of Epidemiology, Rutgers School of Public Health; Senior Advisor, NJMS Global TB Institute, Newark NJ, USA
- Dr Leen Rigouts, Director, Unit of Mycobacteriology, Institute of Tropical Medicine, Antwerp, Belgium
- Professor Irina A. Vasilyeva (STAG member), Director, Research Institute of Phthisiopulmonology I.M. Sechenov, Chief TB Specialist, Ministry of Health, Moscow, Russian Federation
- Dr Askar Yedilbayev, Programme Director for Russia and Kazakhstan, Partners in Health, Almaty, Kazakhstan