Cross-border meeting on malaria elimination between Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan
1-2 November 2010, Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan
Objectives of the meeting were to:
- review the current malaria situations and identify problems/constraints related to malaria elimination encountered in participating countries with particular emphasis on bordering areas;
- discuss strategy for strengthening coordination of malaria elimination activities in participating countries, with special emphasis on border areas;
- develop joint action plans for synchronization of malaria elimination activities in border areas;
- discuss the operational modalities for regular exchange of information on malaria, particularly in border areas;
- agree upon a joint statement on malaria elimination, with particular emphasis on border areas.