Climate change challenges health and health systems.
To address the immediate and future health consequences of climate change, WHO/Europe assists Member States in implementing the Parma Commitment to Act and the 5 strategic objectives of the European Regional Framework for Action:
- integrate health issues in policies for mitigation of and adaptation to climate change;
- strengthen health systems and services;
- raise awareness on healthy mitigation and adaptation policies in all sectors;
- increase the health and environment sector's contribution to the reduction of greenhouse gas emissions;
- share knowledge, research and tools.