Overview of activities
All participating countries will implement joint activities aimed at strengthening health systems by:
- building capacity through national training workshops and stakeholders involvement;
- carrying out national impact, vulnerability and adaptation assessment;
- developing adaptation plans or specific health systems adaptation plans.
In addition, based on the needs and priorities identified during the preparation of the project, country-specific actions include:
- development of heat-health action plans (in the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia);
- water treatment cost-effective technology for hospitals (in Tajikistan);
- improved air quality and respiratory disease management (in Uzbekistan);
- energy efficient health services through the pilot testing of installation of solar energy in some hospitals (in Kyrgyzstan and in the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia);
- make hospitals safe in emergencies;
- safety of health facilities, emergency medical services and early warning (in Albania); and
- contingency planning for basic health services in a permafrost melting affected area (in the Russian Federation).