New Minister of Health of Lithuania visits WHO/Europe
Ms Rimantė Šalaševičiūtė visited WHO/Europe for the first time on 6 November 2014 to meet with Zsuzsanna Jakab, WHO Regional Director for Europe, and other staff to discuss continued collaboration in 2014–2017 and a number of key issues:
- optimizing health systems, pricing of medicines, reducing waiting lists and primary health care;
- child and adolescent health: specifically child maltreatment, violence and injury prevention;
- the implementation of the Lithuanian health programme 2014–2025;
- the Evidence-informed Policy Network (EVIPNet);
- environment and health and the work of the European Environment and Health Ministerial Board (EHMB); and
- preparations for the sixty-fifth session of the WHO Regional Committee for Europe, which will be held in Vilnius, Lithuania on 14–17 September 2015.