Swiss Prison Doctors
Legal basis (mandates) and mission
Swiss Prison Doctors is an association of prison doctors in Switzerland. It is a private association with voluntary membership and has no legal mandate.
Topics of interest in the prison setting
Representing needs to the justice authority and exchanging experiences within the community of prison doctors.
- Providing representation in national working groups and in cantonal administrations
- Member of an expert group to enhance procedures with expulsion by force
- Member of an expert group to improve detention for psychologically ill prisoners
- Chair of an interdisciplinary board for prison health
- Member of a Swiss ethics committee
- Member of the Swiss Hepatitis Strategy
Role in prisons
Medical health care for prisoners
Prisoners and alienated groups in the justice system
Geographic region of focus