The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia plans 3 regional workshops on its National Health 2020 Strategy
The WHO Country Office will support the Ministry of Health in organizing 3 subregional conferences between September and November 2016 as the country continues to implement its National Health 2020 Strategy using its framework “Together for Health for All”. The Strategy and framework, with their accompanying action plans, were prepared with WHO support as part of the biennial collaborative agreement 2016–2017 between WHO and the Ministry of Health.
The conferences will bring together representatives of government sectors and civil society to:
- discuss the role of intersectoral cooperation for health and well-being at local level;
- present and further promote the all-inclusive consultative process used to implement the National Health 2020 Strategy;
- raise awareness locally on the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and the Sustainable Development Goals; and
- harmonize local plans with the National Health 2020 Strategy as a means, among others, for improving the health and well-being of local communities, and achieving the Sustainable Development Goals.
The reginal workshops will be held on:
- 19–21 September 2016 in the municipality of Veles for the regions of Veles and Strumica
- 26–28 September 2016 in Ohrid for the regions of Bitola, Prilep, Tetovo and Gostivar
- 31 October–2 November 2016 in Berovo for the regions of Kocani, Shtip and Kumanovo.