Top storySafe drinking-water in Europe?
Millions of people in the WHO European Region drink contaminated water, often without knowing it. WHO estimates that, every day, 14 people die of diarrhoeal disease due to inadequate water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH).
- WHO supports large-scale polio and measles vaccination campaigns in northern Syria
- Safe drinking-water in Europe?
- WHO Europe/ECDC joint press release: 4% annual decrease too slow to end TB by 2030 – call for Europe’s commitment to increase investment to end TB
- Seven years of grief: Syrian doctors and psychologists talk about the mental scars of war
- Out of conflict, a new life for Syrian health workers in Turkey
- World Health Day 2018 – Health for all
- Migration and Health Webinar Five: Health care of pregnant migrant and refugee women and newborn children
- High-level regional meeting: Health Systems Respond to NCDs
- European Immunization Week 2018
- World No Tobacco Day 2018: Tobacco and heart disease
Regional DirectorMeetings with high-level Finnish delegation focus on emergencies, communicable and noncommunicable diseases Regional Director's site
CountriesWHO supports large-scale polio and measles vaccination campaigns in northern Syria Countries
Emergencies and outbreaks
- WHO calls on partners to respond to the health and humanitarian needs of Ukrainians
- Health response to the humanitarian crisis in Ukraine
- Syria crisis: health response from Turkey
European Centre for Environment and Health
Located in Bonn, Germany, the Centre provides Member States with state-of-the-art evidence on the nature and magnitude of existing and emerging environmental health risks, and assists them in identifying and implementing policies to address these risks.More about ECEH
Data and evidenceFull list of databases
WHO_Europe Twitter feed
Flu News Europe
Joint ECDC-WHO/Europe weekly influenza updateGo to the Flu News Europe site