8th Meeting of European Technical Advisory Group on Tuberculosis Control
12 November 2013, Copenhagen, Denmark
The overall objective of the European Technical Advisory Group on Tuberculosis Control (TAG-TB) is to provide advice to the WHO Regional Office for Europe on strategic directions and specific technical areas related to tuberculosis and drug resistant TB prevention, control and care.
The specific objectives of the meeting are:
- to review the epidemiology of TB and multidrug resistant (MDR) TB in the WHO European Region, including the disease burdens and trends as well as the main achievements, constraints and trends in prevention and care;
- to review the progress made in implementing the recommendations of the 7th TAG-TB Meeting of 3 December 2012;
- to review the progress made in implementing the "Consolidated Action Plan to Prevent and Combat M/XDR-TB in the WHO European Region, 2011-2015";
- to have an update on the coordination initiatives and working groups established at regional level to facilitate the implementation of the "Consolidated Action Plan to Prevent and Combat Multidrug- and Extensively Drug-Resistant Tuberculosis (M/XDR-TB) in the WHO European Region, 2011–2015";
- to discuss and propose specific measures to improve the work of the WHO Regional Office for Europe in the areas of laboratory, risk factors and social determinants.