Workshop on prevention and treatment of childhood pneumonias and diarrhoeas
10–12 December 2013, Copenhagen, Denmark
WHO/Europe is conducting a regional meeting on integrated prevention and treatment of childhood pneumonias and diarrhoeas for policy makers and programme managers of the national immunization and child and adolescent health programmes from Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Republic of Moldova, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan and Ukraine.
The objectives of the meeting are:
- to present and discuss the regional and country-specific burden of pneumonias and diarrhoeas and implementation of national programmes targeting control of morbidity and mortality due to pneumonia and diarrhoea;
- to introduce integrated approaches in scaling up coverage with innovative and well-known interventions to prevent pneumonia and diarrhoea as outlined in the Global Action Plan the Prevention and Control of Pneumonia and Diarrhoea (GAPPD);
- to review implementation of key activities to prevent and treat pneumonias and diarrhoeas and existing coordination mechanisms;
- to define further steps in strengthening integration for prevention and control of pneumonias and diarrheas;
- to outline need for support from WHO and partners.