7–8 July 2014, Copenhagen, Denmark
WHO/Europe convenes EACHR’s fifth formal meeting – to be chaired by Professor Róza Ádány, Head of Department of Preventative Medicine, University of Debrecen, Hungary – in July 2014. Key topics on the agenda comprise:
- the proposed European action plan on food and nutrition
- the proposed European action plan on vaccines
- violence and maltreatment in childhood
- adolescent health
- European public health research and Health 2020 implementation
- migration and health
- vulnerable populations
- public health genomics.
Launched in 2011, EACHR promotes and strengthens the use of research evidence in public health decision-making and advises on the formulation of policies to develop health research in the WHO European Region. Reporting directly to the WHO Regional Director for Europe, EACHR:
- reviews the scientific basis of selected regional programmes;
- coordinates health research internationally across the Region’s Member States;
- advises on new findings on priority public health issues and evidence-based strategies to address them; and
- facilitates the exchange of information on research agendas in the Region and addresses evidence gaps in priority areas.