Scientific meeting on drug utilization research
27-29 August 2014, Groningen, NetherlandsThe registration is now open for the scientific meeting on drug utilization research, jointly organized by WHO/Europe and the European Drug Utilization Research Group (EuroDURG).
The meeting targets researchers and policymakers from academia, healthcare and other organizations supporting rational use of drugs.
Key note lectures will cover methods to assess and improve medicine use, prescribing quality indicators and treatment decision making from the perspective of patients, health professionals and health policy personnel.
The meeting also includes workshops and interactive sessions on:
- adherence to medicines,
- drug utilisation research informing health policy,
- drug use and pharmacovigilance,
- cross-national and within population comparisons of drug utilisation,
- validity of data sources and data linkage, and
- patient perspectives on rational drug use.
Educational sessions on the impact of interventions, quality indicators, drug use measures and basic as well as advanced (bio statistical) methods in drug utilisation research will also be held.