14th meeting of the European Technical Advisory Group of Experts on Immunization
8–9 October 2014, Copenhagen, Denmark
The European Technical Advisory Group of Experts on Immunization (ETAGE) meets annually to advise the WHO/Europe Vaccine-preventable Diseases and Immunization Programme (VPI) on specific issues and to review progress towards the regional vaccine-preventable diseases prevention goals.
At the 14th annual ETAGE meeting, VPI will provide updates to and request advice and guidance from ETAGE on the following key topics and issues:
- progress toward measles and rubella elimination;
- Global Vaccine Action Plan monitoring;
- European Vaccine Action Plan;
- hepatitis B control – definition of the control goal, approaches to attain goal;
- pertussis – update on activities of the pertussis working group of the Strategic Advisory Group of Experts on Immunization (SAGE);
- vaccine safety communication activities,
- advocacy kits;
- strategic activities related to national immunization technical advisory groups;
- introduction of inactivated poliovirus vaccines (IPV);
- other upcoming activities.