3rd meeting of the European Regional Verification Commission for Measles and Rubella Elimination
10–12 November 2014, Copenhagen, Denmark
The European Regional Verification Commission for Measles and Rubella Elimination (RVC) holds annual meetings to review and validate reports and updates on national activities towards measles and rubella elimination, prepared and submitted by national verification commissions. At its 3rd annual meeting, the RVC will review measles and rubella status updates for 2013 and all other documentation that NVCs provide towards documenting absence of measles and rubella endemic transmission in their countries. Late-submitted status reports for 2010-2012 will also be reviewed. Based on this review the RVC will declare status of diseases transmission and eventual achievement of elimination in the WHO European Region.
The objectives of the meeting are for the RVC:
- to be informed about current epidemiology of measles and rubella in the European Region and implementation of the WHO/Europe "Package for accelerated action" towards measles and rubella elimination in the WHO European Region for the years 2013-2015;
- to review annual measles and rubella status updates for 2013;
- to review late-submitted measles and rubella status reports for 2010-2012;
- to define status of diseases transmission by country and in the Region in 2013;
- to assess working procedures of the RVC and verification process requirements, and plan activities for 2015.
A consensus will be achieved on the status of measles and rubella elimination in the WHO European Region.