Technical consultation meeting on the European physical activity for health strategy
27–28 January 2015, Zurich, Switzerland
WHO European Member States will meet in Zurich to discuss the future European physical activity for health strategy. The technical meeting will bring together national representatives of the 53 Member States, institutions, notably the European Commission, renowned scientists and academics, as well as other experts.
The main focus of the meeting will be:
- to discuss emerging new scientific evidence in the areas of physical activity and health outcomes, physical activity promotion and effective policy changes;
- to discuss national experiences in the field of physical activity promotion; and
- to present and discuss the first draft of the European physical activity for health strategy and overview of the remaining consultation.
- an update on the most recent scientific evidence in areas such as leadership, governance, life-course and surveillance, including suggestions for policy-making in the field of health-enhancing physical activity;
- an update on the most relevant recent developments at the national and regional levels in the area of health-enhancing physical activity; and
- an updated version of the European physical activity for health strategy for further consultation with stakeholders and then with Member States at the political level in view of the strategy’s submission to the 65th session of the Regional Committee for Europe in Vilnius, Lithuania, in September 2015.