Multicountry antimicrobial resistance workshop
24–27 February 2015, Copenhagen, Denmark
WHO/Europe is organizing a multicountry workshop on antimicrobial resistance from 24 to 27 February 2015 at UN City in Copenhagen, Denmark. The workshop will bring together about 130 participants and experts from 29 Member States. Given the complexity of antimicrobial resistance as a global threat to public health, the workshop brings together participants with different technical backgrounds and responsibilities in both joint and parallel programmes.
The main topics of the workshop address several strategic objectives of the European strategic action plan on antibiotic resistance:
- Strengthen intersectoral coordination;
- Strengthen surveillance of antimicrobial resistance;
- Promote the rational use and strengthen surveillance of antibiotic consumption;
- Improve awareness, patient safety and partnership.
The objectives of the workshop are:
- To build capacity in 4 main areas of work for the implementation of the European strategic action plan on antibiotic resistance: surveillance of antimicrobial resistance; antibiotic stewardship in hospitals; surveillance of antimicrobial consumption; and setting up awareness campaigns; and
- To provide a unique opportunity for strengthening comprehensive action at country and regional levels through the exchange of experience in each main area with experts and counterparts from neighbouring countries, as well as to coordinate interaction with national colleagues.
Live streaming on 25 February
On Wednesday 25 February (13:00–17:00 CET) there will be a plenary session, where all workshop participants will hear from a number of experienced speakers on various topics related to antimicrobial resistance. We will stream the session so that more colleagues in our Region can benefit from the information that will be shared.
People tuning in from outside UN City may choose between Russian and English streaming.