29th Meeting of the European Regional Certification Commission for Poliomyelitis Eradication (RCC)
9-10 June 2015, Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
The RCC is an independent panel of international public health experts that reviews annual reports from all 53 Member States on the status of immunization against polio and disease surveillance.
At its 29th meeting , the RCC will:
- review annual updated certification documentation on poliomyelitis in all Member States of the WHO European Region for 2014;
- review response and risk mitigation activities in Member States that are defined to be in the high risk group, and discuss further actions required to assure sustainability of polio-free status with national staff in Bosnia and Herzegovina;
- review the current status of regional laboratory containment of poliovirus type 2 in view of the planned switch to bivalent OPV globally in 2016, and eventual cessation of use of oral poliovirus vaccine (OPV) in routine immunization programmes;
- recommend strategies and/or actions to strengthen efforts to sustain polio-free status of the Region focusing on high-risk countries;
- review working procedures of the RCC and discuss a plan of activities for 2015-2016.