Second international workshop on implementation of the European Action Plan for Strengthening Public Health Services and Capacity in CIS
28–29 July 2015, Issyk Kul, Kyrgyzstan
This event is a follow-up of the first workshop that took place in October 2014 in Moscow, Russian Federation, organized by the Federal Research Institute for Health Organization and Informatics of the Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation and WHO/Europe.
The aim of this workshop is to strengthen public health leadership to implement the European Action Plan on strengthening public health capacities and services in the context of Health 2020, WHO/Europe's policy framework.
The scope and purpose of the workshop include:
- discussion on the next steps of implementation of the European Action Plan for Strengthening Public Health Capacities and Services, including contribution to the interim report on implementation at the 66th session of the WHO Regional Committee for Europe in September 2016;
- discussion on the state of developments in view of the utilization of the European Action Plan at country level with a special session on Environment and Health;
- discussion on the ways of sharing the information, including the electronic health journal for the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS), which is in the process of development by the Federal Research Institute for Health Organization and Informatics;
- further discussion of creating a network of agencies and centres of public health institutions on a technical and expert level;
- experience and information exchange; and
- coordination of joint presentations at the WHO governing bodies' meetings and committees that will address issues related to the mandate of the network, rotation of the network chairs, secretariat, website and periodical meetings.