4th Meeting of the European Regional Verification Commission for Measles and Rubella Elimination (RVC)
26–29 October 2015, Copenhagen, Denmark
The European Regional Verification Commission for Measles and Rubella Elimination (RVC) holds annual meetings to determine the status of measles and rubella elimination in the WHO European Region based on reports and additional documents prepared and submitted by national verification committees (NVCs). In line with new procedures, based on this review the RVC will declare the status of the transmission and eventual achievement of elimination of measles and rubella in Member States and in the WHO European Region.
Objectives of the 2015 annual meeting are:
- to inform the RVC about current epidemiology of measles and rubella in the European Region and activities of the Vaccine-preventable Diseases and Immunization programme towards measles and rubella elimination
- to review the NVCs' annual measles and rubella status updates for 2014, as well as late-submitted measles and rubella reports for 2010-2012 and 2013, and all other documentation that NVCs provide towards documenting absence of measles and rubella endemic transmission in their countries
- to define, in line with new procedures established in 2014, the status of transmission of measles and rubella in each Member State and in the Region in 2014;
- to declare the diseases' elimination where achieved, and initiate preparation of the RVC's measles and rubella elimination status report for the period 2012–2014;
- to plan verification activities in 2016 and beyond, and define the role of the RVC in advocating for continuation of elimination efforts at national and Regional levels
- to assess RVC working procedures and verification process requirements.