Vaccination against human papillomavirus (HPV): decision making and preparing for introduction
16-17 March 2016, Copenhagen, Denmark
WHO/Europe will host a regional workshop on decision making and preparing for introduction of human papillomavirus (HPV) for national immunization programme managers, chairs of national immunization technical advisory groups (NITAGs), and national experts in cervical cancer screening from Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Republic of Moldova and Uzbekistan.
The meeting will review evidence and lessons learnt to:
- increase knowledge about diseases caused by HPV;
- increase knowledge about HPV vaccines;
- improve national capacities to make evidence-based decision on HPV vaccine introduction;
- increase common understanding of and commitment to a comprehensive approach to cervical cancer prevention and control;
- promote implementation and adoption of best practices from countries that have already introduced HPV vaccine;
- coordinate WHO and partner support to countries in making decisions and preparing for introductions.