14th WHO/Europe National Tuberculosis (TB) Programme Managers meeting
21–22 June 2016, Bratislava, Slovakia
WHO/Europe is hosting the 14th annual meeting of the National TB Programme (NTP) Managers back to back with the Union European Conference on Lung Health.
During the morning of 21 June 2016, the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control and WHO/Europe will jointly host the NTP managers' and surveillance session to discuss the latest developments relevant to all Member States of the WHO European Region. On the afternoon of 21 June and on 22 June 2016, the 2 networks of NTP managers and of European Union and European Economic Area (EU/EEA) surveillance experts will continue with parallel meetings.
The NTP managers' meeting has 4 main objectives.
- Review adaptation of the TB action plan 2016–2020 for the WHO European Region by Member States.
- Discuss the progress and challenges in TB prevention, control and care in the Region.
- Improve the understanding of participants on people-centred TB care and social protection.
- Update Member States and partners on WHO/Europe's initiatives on:
- strengthening TB laboratory services
- introducing new drugs
- engaging civil society in ending TB in the Region
- providing cross-border TB control and care.