16th meeting of the European Technical Advisory Group of Experts on Immunization
12–13 October 2016, Copenhagen, Denmark
The European Technical Advisory Group of Experts on Immunization (ETAGE) meets annually to advise the WHO/Europe vaccine-preventable diseases and immunization programme (VPI) on specific issues and to review progress towards achievement of regional goals established in the European Vaccine Action Plan (EVAP).
At the 16th ETAGE meeting, VPI will provide updates and request advice and guidance from ETAGE on key topics and issues, including:
- EVAP monitoring and implementation
- progress toward measles and rubella elimination
- 6- and 12-month assessment reports on response to polio outbreak in Ukraine
- VPI's structure
- middle-income country challenges
- false contraindications and vaccine safety concerns
- tailoring immunization programmes (TIP) project
- invasive bacterial diseases (IBDs) and rotavirus surveillance
- intersectoral/education project.
The meeting will also be attended by representatives of national immunization advisory groups (NITAGs) from various Member States.