European Observatory Summer School 2017
Placing the person at the centre of the health system: Concepts, strategies, results
The Observatory Venice Summer School 2017 is a one week intensive course that brings together policy makers, planners, managers, professionals and civil society representatives who will be learning, debating and sharing experiences about the conceptual, strategic and practical issues around achieving person-centred health systems.
23–29 July 2017
San Servolo, Venice
- Explore how ‘person-centredness’ is understood at the different levels of the system and by different stakeholders and what this means for the development of person-centred strategies
- Review key approaches to achieving person-centred health systems in different contexts
- Examine ways of monitoring the performance of person-centred strategies
- Assess the evidence about the impacts of person-centred strategies at different system levels and understand who benefits and what the possible unintended consequences are
- Discuss future trends, key challenges and policy options towards achieving person-centred health systems
The Summer School has applied to the European Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education and it is expected that participation will count towards ongoing professional development in all European Union Member States.
The Summer School is organised by the European Observatory on Health Systems and Policies, the Veneto Region of Italy, the European Commission and World Health Organization with the participation of Vardanalys.
Applications are welcome from all 53 WHO European Region Member States and the programme will be tailored, as far as is possible, to the backgrounds of participants. If places allow, participants from outside the region will be considered.
Potential applicants are requested to apply by submitting their CV with the application form to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline to apply is 31 May 2017.
The cost of € 2,200 covers teaching materials, accommodation, meals and the social programme.
The full announcement is available here.
For more information and regular updates on the programme and lecturers please visit the Observatory Venice Summer School 2017 site.