Meeting of National HIV Programme Managers of Eastern European, Central Asian and Non-EU/EEA Countries
25–26 September 2017, Copenhagen, Denmark
This meeting aims to support participating eastern European, central Asian and non-European Union/European Economic Area (EU/EEA) countries to develop and/or update a comprehensive overview of national HIV strategies and action plans. Participants will be briefed and given the opportunity to exchange experience on the latest evidence and good practices in the field of HIV prevention, testing, treatment and care, and co-infections (hepatitis C virus, tuberculosis). WHO will provide updates on its latest relevant publications and guidance.
Discussions will focus on:
- prevention interventions to improve the impact and effectiveness of HIV response in the WHO European Region;
- HIV testing scale-up and connections with widening access to treatment;
- HIV treatment scale-up and linkages to care towards increased treatment uptake;
- strengthening HIV surveillance and monitoring as a basis for decision-making; and
- financial sustainability and innovative interventions for the accelerated response of national programmes.
Participants will include representatives of relevant departments of ministries of health and/or coordinators of national HIV programmes from 23 non-EU/EEA countries, as well as civil society networks, relevant United Nations agencies and international partners working to respond to the HIV epidemic in the Region.