The objective of European Immunization Week (EIW) 2018 is to sustain momentum toward a European Region free of vaccine-preventable diseases by raising awareness of the importance of vaccination as an individual right and a shared responsibility. Every person deserves to be protected from vaccine-preventable diseases and plays a vital role in protecting others by choosing to vaccinate.
This theme will be elaborated through materials and activities focused on the following key messages:
- Vaccines work to protect people of all ages from potentially dangerous diseases.
- Every person deserves to be protected from vaccine-preventable diseases and plays a vital role in protecting others by choosing to vaccinate.
- When all eligible individuals are fully vaccinated those who cannot be vaccinated are also protected through herd immunity.
- Consult with your doctor and check your family’s immunization records to make sure that you are all fully protected.
- False information can influence choices and endanger lives. Get the facts and share only evidence-based information about vaccines.
- Health professionals are the most trusted source of information about vaccines for their patients. Raising awareness about vaccines saves lives.
- Equitable access to immunization is the right of every individual and community.
- By protecting health, immunization helps us to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals.