High-level regional meeting: Health Systems Respond to NCDs
16–18 April 2018, Sitges (Barcelona), Spain
The high-level regional meeting Health Systems Respond to NCDs: Celebrate, Share, Inspire will bring together evidence and experience of how governments can adapt their health systems to effectively meet the growing challenge of noncommunicable diseases (NCDs).Objectives and expected outcome
Top storyExperts draw up policy approaches to strengthening health systems to tackle NCDs
Experts from 7 Member States and WHO/Europe met in Madrid, Spain, on 9–10 November to hammer out key messages and policy approaches to strengthening health systems for improved prevention, treatment and care of noncommunicable diseases (NCDs).
- Homegrown, low-cost innovation improves NCD treatment in Croatia
- Learning from Ireland: expanding the role of nurses and midwives to improve health outcomes
- Systems thinking helps England plan future health and care workforce
Key questions on the agenda
- How can health systems enable people to be more effective at managing their own health conditions?
- How can citizens take action to reduce NCDs, such as hypertension, in their communities, while working side-by-side with primary health care providers?
- How can nurses and other health professionals be enabled to play a larger role in NCD detection and management?
Country assessmentsBetter noncommunicable disease outcomes
Country Assessment guideMore country assessments
Good practice briefsENGLAND: Planning the future health and care workforce
Horizon scanning future health and care demand for workforce skillsMore good practice briefs