High-level regional meeting - Health Systems Respond to NCDs: Experience in the European Region
16–18 April 2018, Sitges, Spain
The high-level regional meeting Health Systems Respond to NCDs: Celebrate, Share, Inspire will bring together evidence and experience of how governments can adapt their health systems to effectively meet the growing challenge of noncommunicable diseases (NCDs).Objectives and expected outcome
Top storyDay 3 of high-level meeting Health Systems Respond to NCDs: opportunities and challenges for accelerated response
The final day of the regional meeting in Sitges, Spain, opened with an interactive panel session on the opportunities and challenges of an accelerated health systems response to noncommunicable diseases (NCDs) and of leapfrogging.
- Day 3 of high-level meeting Health Systems Respond to NCDs: opportunities and challenges for accelerated response
- Day 2 of high-level meeting Health Systems Respond to NCDs: Learning from good examples and real-time problem solving in policy labs
- Sweden takes action towards people-centred health professions education
Key questions on the agenda
- How can health systems enable people to be more effective at managing their own health conditions?
- How can citizens take action to reduce NCDs, such as hypertension, in their communities, while working side-by-side with primary health care providers?
- How can nurses and other health professionals be enabled to play a larger role in NCD detection and management?
Join the conversation
EurohealthLeapfrogging health systems responses to noncommunicable diseases
This special issue of Eurohealth looks at how health systems in Europe can accelerate the pace of reducing premature mortality resulting from NCDs.
Good practice briefsBELGIUM: Multisectoral mental health networks
Belgium has opted for a nationwide reform of the mental health sector in response to the need for improved people-centred approaches for people with mental health conditions, an efficiency imperative.More good practice briefs