Key questions on the agenda
The meeting will address the following questions.
- How can health systems enable people to be more effective at managing their own health conditions?
- How can citizens take action to reduce NCDs, such as hypertension, in their communities, while working side-by-side with primary health care providers?
- How can nurses and other health professionals be enabled to play a larger role in NCD detection and management?
- Can financial rewards spur primary health-care providers to become proactive in detecting and managing NCDs?
- Is single-specialty practice in primary health care a dead end for scaling up early detection and management of NCDs?
- What forms of integration between public health services and primary care services work for NCDs?
- How can public health agencies be transformed to lead NCD prevention?
- How can governments ensure sustainable public financing for NCDs?
- How can information solutions help bridge gaps in health systems?
- How can national and sub-national governments steer action-oriented policies for inter-sectoral action on NCDs?