Webinar for influenza focal points in Europe for start of the influenza season
19 October 2018, 10:30-11:15 CEST
WHO/Europe and the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control will co-host a webinar for influenza focal points from Member States in the WHO European Region on 19 October 2018.
The webinar will:
- present an overview of the southern hemisphere influenza season;
- report on the outcome of the recent vaccine strain selection meeting; and
- provide updates on:
- the qualitative indicator changes;
- the antigenic and genetic characterization of influenza viruses; and
- the changes to metadata reporting and guideline documents.