European Immunization Week 2019
24-30 April 2019
Every year, the WHO European Region marks European Immunization Week (EIW) to promote immunization as vital to preventing diseases and protecting life. This year, on 24–30 April 2019, the campaign aims to raise awareness of the benefits of vaccines and to celebrate the “vaccine heroes” who contribute in so many ways to protecting lives through vaccination.Read more
Top storyCreativity and commitment on display during European Immunization Week 2019
European Immunization Week (EIW), celebrated on 24–30 April 2019, aimed to raise awareness about the importance of vaccination for maintaining good health, and about the “vaccine heroes” in every country working to ensure that everyone has access to the full benefits of vaccines.
- Photo story – Creativity and commitment on display during European Immunization Week 2019
- EIW 2019 statement by Her Royal Highness Crown Princess Mary of Denmark – We can all be vaccine heroes
- Joint statement: European Immunization Week
- European Immunization Week celebrates the everyday heroes who help protect us all from dangerous diseases
Key messages 2019
- * Policy-makers create the medical, educational and social systems needed to ensure equitable access to vaccines.
- * Health professionals are a trusted source of information about vaccines. Raising awareness about vaccines saves lives.
- * Every child deserves to be protected from vaccine-preventable diseases. Every parent plays a vital role in protecting their children and others by choosing to vaccinate.
Joint statement by WHO/Europe and ECDCJoint statement: European Immunization Week
Statement by HRH Crown Princess Mary of DenmarkWe can all be vaccine heroes
Highlights of EIW 2019Highlights of European Immunization Week 2019
Campaign materialsDownload communications package
Campaign materialsDownload Social media toolkit
Guidelines and inspiration for national campaigns
Get the facts, get the HPV vaccineMore vidoes