European Immunization Week 2019
24-30 April 2019
Every year, the WHO European Region marks European Immunization Week (EIW) to promote immunization as vital to preventing diseases and protecting life. This year, on 24–30 April 2019, the campaign aims to raise awareness of the benefits of vaccines and to celebrate the “vaccine heroes” who contribute in so many ways to protecting lives through vaccination.Read more
Top storyRaising awareness on the importance of vaccination: focus on halting the measles outbreak in Kyrgyzstan
Kyrgyzstan conducted a flash mob on 14 March 2019 as part of broader measures to increase awareness and immunization coverage in the country in the midst of a large measles outbreak.
- Raising awareness on the importance of vaccination: focus on halting the measles outbreak in Kyrgyzstan
- Improving the availability and use of vaccination records in Kyrgyzstan
- Measles in Europe: record number of both sick and immunized
- World Cancer Day: action for protection against cervical cancer
Key messages 2019
- * Policy-makers create the medical, educational and social systems needed to ensure equitable access to vaccines.
- * Health professionals are a trusted source of information about vaccines. Raising awareness about vaccines saves lives.
- * Every child deserves to be protected from vaccine-preventable diseases. Every parent plays a vital role in protecting their children and others by choosing to vaccinate.
Campaign materialsDownload communications package
Campaign materialsDownload Social media toolkit
Guidelines and inspiration for national campaigns
Get the facts, get the HPV vaccineMore vidoes